Lip enhancement is one of the popular facial contouring that makes one look young. Lip injections St Louis involves using natural fillers. Some known procedures use Botox and synthetic types of fillers.
The key is to have one achieve an Angelina Jolie-looking lips and facial outline. First, have some idea why men (yes, they are included) and women love to have fuller lips.
What to expect after getting lip injections
After having your lips enhanced with fillers, wounding and swelling will occur. You have to expect to limit the things you do. Lessen your strenuous activities that make swelling worse. These will include:
- Redness around the lip area
For easy to follow care tips, read the following list and make time for your recovery today.
Caretips to Do after Lip Injections
1. Apply ice around the bruising area. A piece of ice cube will be enough, then wrap it around a soft towel or cloth. Doing this will help ease the pain, swelling, and itchiness as the wounds heal.
2. Avoid heavy movement or exhausting exercise. Doing such activities may disrupt the healing of the wounds. You may also accidentally bump the affected area, or your lips or face may hit hard on concrete surfaces. That will add to the pain and will delay the recovery of your lip surgery.
3. Avoid these activities in 24 to 48 hours, and in the meantime, enjoy light walking. That won’t hurt.
4. Drink plenty of water to freshen up your body and keep it hydrated. In that light, you will receive a natural glow.
5. Take it easy on painkillers. Ibuprofen is NOT okay. It is highly prohibited to take it when you just underwent surgery. This medicine and those with blood-thinning compounds will make the wounds worse. Some doctors will recommend Tylenol. But for painkillers, it is best to go directly to your trusted doctor to prescribe the proper medication.
6. Avoid drinking alcohol. Since in #5, it is mentioned that blood thinners are a BIG NO for healing, alcohol must also come to your mind. Wait for your full recovery before you get your party started and sip on your favorite cocktails. It’s going to be worth the wait because you prioritize yourself being safe.
7. Now, hot drinks are also not allowed. Be careful not to burn your newly improved lips. Avoid too warm temperatures to touch your healing lips. Slowly cool your coffee or tea if you opt to drink them for breakfast. Pay extra care when it comes to hot drinks.
8. Avoid more hot temperatures. Also, since you are avoiding hot drinks, take the warning to prevent coming to saunas or steam rooms for a while.
9. The best thing to do to help you recover from lip surgery entirely is to take a rest. Eat plenty of healthy fruits and vegetables that add to your water intake. Have a healthy rest and keep hydrated
When sleeping, be sure to have your head elevated. Lay your head on a firm, stable pillow. Be careful not to smudge your lips while you’re awake.
10. Lastly, avoid makeup. Do not be sad; it will help you recover fast. You will get to use your favorite lipstick once your wounds heal. It’ll just take 24 to 48 hours before you let your fuller lips see the red tint off your MAC or NARS.