What are the Pros and Cons of Nose Job
Getting a nose job done both improves one’s facial form and function. Rhinoplasty St. Louis focuses on providing individuals a good balance of inner and outer beauty. Rhinoplasty is what a licensed surgeon refers to as natural cosmetic surgery for the nose.
A nose job does not only fixes the symmetry of facial outlines. It also helps those who have it have better breathing.
Need more info? Are you considering getting a nose job? Read today’s article to get a balanced view of the procedure. Get your note pads ready here are the pros and cons of rhinoplasty.
Nose Symmetry: The Good and Bad Side of Rhinoplasty
Do you have any idea what a nose job can do for you? Here is some of them to help you idealize and have realistic expectations:
- Nose to facial symmetry
- Nose bridge and width correction
- Finer nose profile
- Correction of nostrils
- Nasal deviation or asymmetry (Septoplasty)
- Fixing or up tuning nasal tip
A brief definition of rhinoplasty first. You can get nose surgery through surgical and non-surgical methods. Rhinoplasty aims to reshape or augment the nose. In some cases, it is done to remove humps on the nose to widen a narrow nostril for better breathing.
Before you draw the line between the pros and cons, you may need to be familiar with its two types. The first is liquid rhinoplasty, a non-surgical nose job. The other is the traditional one, surgical rhinoplasty.
Advantages of Non-Surgical Nose Job
Indeed, less invasive surgery has more advantages. This fact is true for you if you avoid battle scars from going under the knife. Licensed surgeons in St Louis prefer the less invasive nose surgery when you want to fix the shape and provide better support for your nose line and nostrils.
The non-surgical procedure uses fillers instead of synthetic implants. Usually, the fats of your other body parts are the ones used to serve as fillers. You will reap benefits if you are an ideal candidate for the procedure.
A surgeon will likely allow undergoing this method if you have excess fats that can be used to transfer them to the nasal area.
Here is more about the good side of rhinoplasty:
- Liquid rhinoplasty only requires injecting the fillers. No pins, knives, and needles are needed.
- The procedure is fast. Fifteen minutes of sitting down, and give another 10 minutes for the anesthesia to kick in and subside.
- Little downtime after the procedure. This means that the recovery period will take a week or two.
- Low rate for complication.
Disadvantages of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
The list below focuses on non-invasive nose surgery. But overall, it will also help you weigh the cons of a traditional nose job.
- Recovery takes one to two weeks that involves avoiding pressure to the injected area.
- Scarring may happen if you won’t follow recovery requirements.
- Swelling of the wound.
- Side effects may include: tenderness, bleeding, and blindness
- Results of liquid fillers to the nose may last only up to 6 months and will need for a second injection.
Can You Handle The Nose Job?
Less invasive means less pain. So, how do you think you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty? Contact your doctor now and ask if you are capable of undergoing surgery. Get in touch with New Body Improved experts to weigh your pros and cons.