Board-certified surgeon Dr. Roque Ramos uses his years of experience and expertise in performing the best rhinoplasty procedure in Minnesota.
The nose, being the center of the face and a feature that literally stands out from the rest, is highly noticeable and important. Rhinoplasty or more commonly known as the nose job is a surgical procedure available in New and Improved Body that can enhance its shape and size while also improving its efficiency.
What is Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Any procedure that involves nose augmentation, reshaping, resizing and lifting is considered as Rhinoplasty. This surgical procedure is popular among those who are not satisfied with the natural size and shape of their nose. It may be because it is uneven, not proportionate to the rest of the face, or damaged from previous accidents. There are a few who undergo the procedure to improve their breathing. There are two types of Rhinoplasty procedures:
Closed Rhinoplasty – This is the most common and more established method. In this procedure, incisions are done inside the nose. This requires a shorter healing period, according to some doctors.
Open Rhinoplasty – Some doctors say that the open technique allows for more control and provides more consistent results. The incision is done in the thin strip of tissue that separates the nostrils, also called the columella.
Are you qualified for a nose job?
Nose augmentation should only be availed by those who have made and sound and informed decision regarding the procedure. It is ideal for altering the size of the nose, fixing an uneven or distorted tip, or removing a bump on the bridge of the nose. If your issue is minor, a non-surgical rhinoplasty that uses dermal fillers might be a more appropriate option. It can be done at 15 years of age for females and 16 for males, which is the average age for nasal growth to complete. It is important to consult with a licensed and certified surgeon who can check if you are qualified for this procedure.
STL Nose Surgery Procedure
- Depending on how extensive the fix needed, surgeons may use local or general anesthesia.
- Incisions are done to gain access to the nose bone and cartilage. Depending on the issue being addressed, the surgeon adds or removed bone or cartilage to achieve the desired shape, size, or function. In some cases, a cartilage graft, fillers, or fat grafts are used for extra volume.
- Incisions are sutured and dressed to protect it from infections.
What to Expect After Nose Reshaping
The recovery phase can be quite a challenging period.
- Expect some swelling and bruising around the nose area including the eyes.
- Some need to breathe through their mouths while the nose is healing.
- Sleeping can be affected and nose-blowing should be avoided.
- Do not expect to enjoy the new look immediately as the cast, dressing, or nasal packing needs to be on for a week or more post-op, depending on how fast the nose heals.
- After a week, breathing and sleeping are improved.
- If the procedure involves the nasal bridge, avoid wearing any type of eyewear.
- After 1 ½ to 2 weeks, bruising and swelling would have subsided and patients can get back to work or school.
- The actual look will only present itself after several months to a year. It is important for patients to understand that it takes time for the fix to settle and provide a permanent look.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions About Rhinoplasty
Q. Does rhinoplasty hurt?
A. Anesthesia is administered to numb the pain for the duration of the operation. All invasive surgical procedures will be painful for a limited period of time. Pain medication is prescribed to make the pain tolerable post-op. Most patients say that pain is manageable and is less noticeable than the difficulty in breathing and sleeping.
Q. Will ethnicity matter?
A. Different races have distinct facial features that will have to be worked around by the cosmetic surgeon. Because of this, the surgeon will discuss viable options for your unique nose structure to achieve the results you want.
Q. If unsatisfied with results, is a revision possible?
A. Although it is impossible, it is highly recommended for patients to wait a year before deciding on revision plastic surgery. The shape of the nose will undergo changes in the first year after the operation until the nose is well-adjusted to the changes made. Anything you might not like after the operation may subside or improve in several months to a year on its own.
How much is a nose job in St. Louis, MO?
There are many factors that could affect the overall cost of Rhinoplasty in St Louis, such as surgeon skill and fees, region or area, surgical setting, and the complexity of the required treatment.
To get a quote, call or visit us for a consultation. New Improved Body will provide you with important information, before and after photos, and other options to help you acquire the look that you desire.